One on One clients
After a conversation to agree that we are a good match to work together, each new one on one client that I work with starts this way:
- Commit to a solid 90 day schedule of working together.
- You will take an assessment to determine your character strengths, which you use throughout our coaching together.
- Complete the Happiness in 7 Areas of Your Life assessment. This and the character strengths will be the foundation of your coaching work and will help you to gain clarity from the first session. Some clients have reported moving forward before we even have our first session based on doing the pre-work.
- We will meet three times per month for about an hour each time, for three months in a row. This enables you to gain momentum around your goals.
- Once we get through the pre-work, we dig in on coaching specifically on the areas and goals you want to work on.
- You will have homework to complete in between each session. You will mostly create and will always agree to homework you take on. The amount is always up to you. The sessions are important, but what you do in between the sessions is what will make coaching successful for you.
- After the 90 days you may opt to continue, many clients do, or you may have received everything you need from coaching at that point, or there may be another structure of coaching sessions that will work best for you at that point. We will always work on the perfect plan for you and I support my clients in what they feel is best.
- I will always gently challenge you to get out of your comfort zone. I see what is possible in each of my clients. Everyone is different and that is the fun in coaching. I will challenge you to look at things in new ways, to gain new perspectives and to challenge your habitual ways of thinking and doing things.
I began working with Kim DuBrul in November of 2009 and I still look forward to our meetings every other week because I know great things are going to come out of each one! It’s the best investment I’ve made in myself and in my business due to the fact that I have a comprehensive “to-do” list that’s tailored to my needs. Kim supports, directs and listens attentively, but don’t think this work is easy! It takes work to be the best YOU possible! She finds a way to get to the heart of things quickly and you’ll see results! Working with Kim has given my mind momentum for creating and imagining in a BIG way! My confidence has grown, my clarity constantly improves and I’m seeing increased opportunities all the time. I’m looking forward to what’s to come with enthusiasm, vigor and a tremendously positive mind-set! Thanks so much Kim for helping me better understand myself. I love my continued transformation to the best me yet!!!
One on One client
What makes coaching a special and unique way to approach self and team improvement, development and enjoyment of life:
- Accountability: Someone who cares about you and your goals, supports and encourages you checking up on what you said you were going to do for homework. Many times we say we will do something, we don’t and no one knows- except for you. Accountability is one of the gifts of coaching.
- Mindful listening: as a coach, I am focused on you and your agenda. In life we do not often experience being listened to in this way.
- Clarity: to get clear on where you want to go and the steps to get you there is another gift achieved by me asking you great questions, offering insight where appropriate and creating the space for you to tap into all of the answers you already have, but may not have been able to access.
- Actions: Every session will end with you committing to an action or actions you will commit to taking before your next session. This will turn into the accountability conversation that begins our next session. Sometimes you will check in with a report between sessions by emailing me an update.
Coaching is not coaching without these components. I truly believe in the gift that coaching is due to the structure of a session- perfectly suited to breakthroughs and aha’s from the first session forward.
My goal is that clients start moving forward from the first session. Bring your best and get ready to create the life and business, the skills, the habits and the thinking, the schedule, the way you life your life- you at your best in all areas.
Coaching is not a substitute for therapy, and you can be engaged in both at the same time.
Kimberly DuBrul is an outstanding coach and Mastermind Leader. I am continually impressed by her professional knowledge, relevant recommendations and respectful coaching style, especially when working in a group setting. She does an excellent job keeping the conversation optimistic and forward thinking, while providing honest, straightforward and at times ‘difficult to hear’ feedback. That is a true gift, and Kim has it!
Group and one on one coaching client